Thursday, August 30, 2012

Away from home

           I was happily doing my class 8 at Hilton Matriculation Hr Sec School, Courtallam, Tirunelveli District when one of my relative suggested to my dad on putting me up at a boarding school in Tiruchengode. During that period schools from Tiruchengode, Rasipuram and Namakkal were producing good results in the 10th and 12th public exams. So my parents even decided of joining me there. Two months before the end of class 8 I had my entrance exam at Vidya Vikas Matriculation Hr Sec School, Tiruchengode. There were nearly 500 students who had come up for the entrance. A week after the exam, results came out and I was selected. They had asked us to come and pay the fees and carry out all other formalities.

April 2004

            Packing up all my things we headed towards Tiruchengode. It was a 8 hour car drive. I was really excited upon moving to a new atmosphere. Reaching the hostel we cleared all formalities with the staffs seated outside it. Moving towards the notice board where the room allocation of each student was put up I was shocked on seeing it. My room occupied 12 members and 8 of them in it had the first name as Manoj. Having a small smile within me I and my parents moved towards the room F-7. A corner room in the first floor having the advantage of viewing people coming from the main gate, vehicles moving on the busy Tiruchengode-Erode highways and the most exciting one is the Girls Hostel. So once our parents left we started talking to each other and became thick friends eventually. Among them the closest friends of mine were two smart fair guys.  One is Mr.Mithun from Metupallayam and the other is Mr.Arun Prasad from Kanchipuram.

           Slowly as days went we came to know about the rules and regulation of the hostel and school, though I would mention about my school experience in the coming posts. Our day starts by 5am. Within half an hour we should get ready for either Jogging or Yoga. Mostly all preferred the later one because it would be comfortable to sleep while performing asana in yoga. All my roommates including me preferred Jogging because it would be great feeling the fresh air of morning and more over we used to have chats on the way. Returning back from Jogging we would be having our exercise and it gets over by 7.30am. Moving towards the hostel we would go towards refreshing our self. Meanwhile few would go towards making call since it would be their turn that day. We class 9 had our turn on every Thursday.  So freshening up, wearing our uniforms, packing up our bags we would move towards the canteen situated inside our hostel itself. Though the food won’t be so good we got adjusted to it and later on started liking it. Once finished we head towards our class.

            In the evening’s we would be playing some game and later moving on towards our study. Finishing our work, getting the completed sign from our study- in- charge we would return back sleep fully towards our room. There would be hardly time to speak because the next day we got to get up early. So this is routine followed up there. Though lot of interesting events occurred there, let me just post it out individually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasonz Chapter 2 – The Yesteryear (Part 2)

  The link to the previous part is as follows: Seasonz Chapter 2 – The Yesteryear (Part 1)   Returning to our journey on Jalandhar, ...