Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Heartless People


                I felt very happy when I heard the news that my dad has been transferred once again to North India because I always loved the people and in specific I loved eating at the Dhabha. The last time when I left all my happiness of North Indian life was during the age of 8. We were at Jalandhar, Punjab then. This time though we weren’t transferred to Punjab I was happy that at least we turned up at a new place (i.e.) New Delhi. During my stay at Punjab I didn’t get much of the chance to be in the capital, though we used it only for catching up our train or flight to South India.

              But now the capital city looks completely changed. We even started getting the feel of returning back to Tamil Nadu itself. To be honest, people here are really selfish. They think only about themselves. They don’t care for others. A few of the incidents which I saw really made me started hating these people.

             Once I was walking along the road side, some 50 feet ahead of me I saw a car hitting a man off his scooter. Seeing it automatically my body rushed forward to help him. Nearing him I found that only few had come to help him though there were lots watching the scene standing only few feet away. Even the driver who hit him was busy checking his car for any damages rather than going forward to help the injured man. Only then I felt how heartless are these people and how heart full and caring are the people of South India. This is only a minor incident.

            Another incident occurred right in front of our house. Our house is on the 1st floor and it was a rainy day. It was around 11.30am when my mother was standing at the balcony. A man was standing in the ground floor of the opposite house. The man unknowingly caught an iron pipe which was near him and the next second my mom knew that something was wrong with his expression. His eyes were starring right into the sky and no movement at all in his body. He got electrocuted since some wire was found attached to the iron pipe. Though my mom was not fluent in Hindi she started shouting for help.  

Mom : Oh Bhaiya…Oh Bhaiya, udhar dhekho na.

         My mom was calling the laundry man outside our house but his reaction was very shocking to us. He saw the electrocuted man and didn’t even bother to move forward to help. He didn’t even mind calling others for help. Later a man from the nearby shop came out. On seeing the wounded guy he called more men from inside the shop and they all took him to the hospital. Later we came to know that the wounded guy was an employee of that shop and that is the reason his colleague came forward to save him. If suppose he was a stranger, none would have helped him and slowly he would have died too. Such cruel hearted are the peoples here.

Day by day the interest of staying here is getting down. Whatever it is South Indians are always better than these idiotic people.

2 days later on enquiring the security outside our house, he informed us that the wounded guy is recovering well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasonz Chapter 2 – The Yesteryear (Part 2)

  The link to the previous part is as follows: Seasonz Chapter 2 – The Yesteryear (Part 1)   Returning to our journey on Jalandhar, ...