Sunday, August 19, 2012

Wonderful Hours


               It was that beautiful night when a stranger became a very close friend of mine. As I was doing my college at Chennai and my parents were nearby to Madurai, my grandparent’ s who were at Coimbatore felt bit lonely. So whenever I was free I used pay them a visit which would cheer them a bit for a few days. This incident too happened during one such travel to Coimbatore.

               It was a Friday evening and returning from college to my room at Chrompet I had a thought that why don’t I visit my grandparent’s. Also the following Monday was a national holiday though I don’t remember it now. So on reaching the room I packed up things and left for Koyambedu Bus Terminus, the largest Bus Terminus in Asia. Finding my way to the platform where the busses to Coimbatore would be parked I rang up to my grandfather and informed him of my arrival. I found the bus and it was an Ultra Deluxe one of the TamilNadu State Road Transport Corporation which was introduced a few years back. Though it didn’t have the look and facilities of other private travels it was a comfortable one. I got a window seat and got the ticket from the conductor. The bus was to depart around 8.30 pm and I had around 20 min of gap so I got down from the bus and started roaming around the terminus.

              At sharp 8.30 the bus started on its journey. I had to run behind it to catch it and somehow boarded it. Standing nearby to the driver I waited for few minutes taking heavy breath and then moved on to my seat. I found that adjacent to me was a boy of around my age talking bit worried over the phone. I saw his worried face and to cheer him a bit I started conversing with him. Within a short time his mood change and he became much energised. After some time I asked for his problem and he started telling it.

              He was Yogendran a nationality of Singapore who was doing his BBA at PSG College of arts and science. He wasn’t much comfortable with the stay at India so planned of returning back to his home town itself. He had to visit Chennai for some official clearance of moving to Singapore. I comforted him a bit and later forgetting his worries he started talking about everything, right from his schoolings till date. In exchange I was also sharing out my experiences. We kept on talking till day break and it was such a good feeling that both of us didn’t feel bored of speaking. You could hardly find such kind of people. We shared our contact details and even planned of being connected through Facebook and we are connected even now.

             Day broke and we reached Coimbatore. Getting down at the Gandhipuram Bus Stand we parted away promising to be in touch.

Every time you can’t find such people in your life and whenever you come across one don’t miss them.


1 comment:

  1. krish yea very true :) difficult to find nice ppl when u travel. but some best friendships are made during journeys only and such journeys are always remembered! awesome that u both are connected now. wish you more good friendships ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Seasonz Chapter 2 – The Yesteryear (Part 2)

  The link to the previous part is as follows: Seasonz Chapter 2 – The Yesteryear (Part 1)   Returning to our journey on Jalandhar, ...