Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Journey, hard to forget though..


May 17, 2012
         Since it was my 8th semester exam it was scheduled for the afternoon session. We just had 2 theoretical papers and a main project to be done. Finishing my Professional Ethics paper and exchanging lot of happy moments with my friends I was returning back to Chrompet. Due to a small confusion at the Anna University, Guindy campus our exams were postponed to various dates and so I had my next paper Distributed System on June 4, 2012. My parents had left to New Delhi some months back and so I planned to make a visit there. Though I tried my best to get ticket it ended up in waiting list status. I sought the help of my uncle to get me a ticket. Reaching my uncle’s home by evening I gave him the details and he assured that he would get me ticket for the next day morning’s train.

May 18, 2012
         The train was due to start from Chennai central station by 6.30 am. I woke up by 4, got ready and reached central station by 5.45 am. Though I wasn’t able to get a 3rd AC ticket, my uncle helped me in getting a Sleeper class ticket. The Durranto Express (Chennai – New Delhi) reached platform 11, I went on checking the list put up outside my compartment. The eager of every youth in checking the list was in me too, instead of checking my name, I was checking for any female passengers (19-21 years) traveling in my compartment. As usual I wasn’t lucky since only people above my age were traveling in it. With huge disappointment I entered and found my berth. I was happy that at least I got an upper berth. The train left Chennai, it was a nonstop train to the capital.
     
         
             During the initial hours of the journey the weather was pleasant outside. Enjoying the scenery, I had my breakfast (Pongal, Vada, Sambhar) provided in the train itself. Slowly as the clock tickled close to 10 am the real thrill of that journey began. The train entered Andhra Pradesh and slowly the temperature started increasing. It was too hot both outside and inside, beyond bearable range. Even humidity level was at the peak. Not able to sit or either sleep, I was completely exhausted. Not only I felt the heat, but the whole lot of people traveling in the Sleeper class would have felt it. As evening reached the temperature was still the same with not even a point reducing in the temperature scale. It was then I felt completely regenerated, as if a very pleasant breeze had flowed over me. A good looking girl entered my compartment. Usually in films and in dreams does such girl accompany us in a travel but never in our real life. So the girl entered and had her berth diagonally to mine. This is enough for any youth to do all sort of stupid stuffs to get the girls attention. It worked out, the request-reply protocol has worked within me. I started receiving reply signals from her. I didn’t knew how far I had been transmitting and receiving those signals. Sometime later I was served dinner, food (main thing for survival) and so for few min I stopped my signal transmission. After dinner I was standing near the heavy door of the compartment and was enjoying the nature in the moonlight. As train had entered Maharashtra, the weather seemed somewhat bearable. Later on returning to my berth I was shocked to find the girl was not in her berth. I waited for some time but no traces of her. I consoled myself saying that luck doesn’t last for long and I went to sleep thinking of how the city would be looking since I am visiting it after 10 years.
             
             Next morning I knew she wouldn’t be there and I was right. The berth was occupied by someone else. I am fond of travel and visiting places because you get the chance of meeting lot new people. We come across different cultures, language, food, lifestyle, etc which thrills me always. This was also one such experience and thinking of those moments I stepped out at the Hazrat Nizamuddin station looking for new set of peoples. Through the crowds I followed to the exit gate to find the vehicle waiting to pick me up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasonz Chapter 2 – The Yesteryear (Part 2)

  The link to the previous part is as follows: Seasonz Chapter 2 – The Yesteryear (Part 1)   Returning to our journey on Jalandhar, ...