Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A journey which revoked the past !!!

Journey's are a memorable one. It is, because of the place you are traveling to or the person with whom you are traveling or the mode in which you are traveling or few other factors too. But each and every journey would give you some wonderful memory when recalled later.

Though i had a lot of wonderful journey with my loved one's and special one's, this one particular journey was something kind of different which i never expected. It was the Pongal eve and I had planned to visit my hometown though i never informed my grandparents about the visit so as to give a small surprise to them. Once the plan was phrased, the next was the most difficult stage (i.e) getting a ticket and that too during a festival time. I had always preferred traveling by bus rather than train. Since one of my close friend was accompanying me then i had sought the help of my friends to book a tatkal ticket all for the sake of making the journey comfortable for her. She always preferred traveling by train. But fate played a spoilsport then. Obviously every single Indian who uses the irctc website would obviously know the result of getting a tatkal ticket. So as expected we didn't get the ticket. My friend who was supposed to come with me went ahead and booked a ticket for herself in a private travels. I was left alone now but i already had a backup plan. It was nothing but "You will find a seat for yourself in one of the buses leaving from Koyembedu". Sounds bit crazy right, even my friends said it right in front of my face but i never bothered. I held over to the same plan because CHENNAI has never let me down in any matter. With the josh i left to Koyembedu Bus Terminus, found a comfortable seat in one of the SETC's special bus which was arranged mainly for the festival.

Beleive it or not I never seen transport officials working so perfect which actually helped to ease the crowd. The right number of seats were filled and bus left exactly when it had to. Oh god i was really amazed by looking at the dedication of the SETC employees.

Okay coming back to my journey, the bus was running perfectly with no hurdles on the way. Cool air was hitting my face taking me to the past. When i was a doing class 4 or 5 it was then where mofussil buses had a makeover with colorful lights and sound system in them. As a boy at that age i always fancied them and would love to travel in them. It would be like a dream come true every time i travel by bus. As years passed we found a complete new face of transportation thus hardly getting any small chance of traveling in an ordinary bus. Naturally those good old memories went hidden. After 10+ years it was that particular night which brought back my hidden memories live.

I find it really hard to express the feel which i had it then because words can never express what we actually try to mean. But on an outline that particular journey brought back the sweet hidden memories of mine. And that is how that journey was so special to me. I guess each one would have encountered one such journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasonz Chapter 2 – The Yesteryear (Part 2)

  The link to the previous part is as follows: Seasonz Chapter 2 – The Yesteryear (Part 1)   Returning to our journey on Jalandhar, ...