Thursday, February 6, 2014

My first road trip

Road trips, a quite exciting one as experienced reading from novels and books. I never imagined that i would be experiencing one such trip on hand. Last weekend my brother rang me up early in the morning asking me to get ready for an outing. I was doubting where had he planned to go because usually he tells me the place. He came down to Tambaram and picked me up for the road trip to Pondicherry.

Initially the plan was to take up the ECR to reach Pondicherry but later we shifted on our route towards Tindivanam from where we had a bypass to reach it. I, my brother and his friends had no idea about the places to visit there. Having no proper destination in mind we just moved on into the city. Having a wonderful lunch at seashore restaurant with the cool breeze hitting us, we decided to halt up there till evening. So sitting on the sea shore, watching the waves hitting the shore, oh man what a feel it is. By dusk we rolled the streets watching the famous Aurubindo ashram, french settlements, auroville. As the sun made its decend, we hit the gas on the same Tindivanam bypass returning back. Sitting in the car i was just wondering and telling myself that is how a road trip used to be but anyways everyone including me enjoyed it a lot.

Just reading from novels to real time experience, hmmm guess what i myself started planning for more raod trips. A SLR hanging around my neck and a vehicle to roll out, there is nothing to stop me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasonz Chapter 2 – The Yesteryear (Part 2)

  The link to the previous part is as follows: Seasonz Chapter 2 – The Yesteryear (Part 1)   Returning to our journey on Jalandhar, ...