Monday, April 11, 2016

End of the road and there she stood devilishly !!

Early in the morning as the city prepares itself for the hectic day ahead, especially after a long cold peaceful night, somewhere close to the Bay of Bengal, the alarm bell goes long and loud at a house. Half asleep I try to find and turn it off, just to continue my romantic dream with Celine (Madonna Sebastian) without any interruption. Turning off the alarm, i tried to reconnect with Celine but she had gone offline. So with nothing much left out, I got out of my bed still preserving the sleep within my eyes thinking about the lost wonderful dream and to put on the shoes to hit the road for the morning workout. After hours and hours of shedding sweat and burning down calories with the jog, a cup of fresh juice is all that refreshes me. The juice stall is off the beach and that is where my first interaction for the day kicks up. The guy who sells the juice is friendly to almost every customer that he interacts with and so naturally he does a good business too. He almost brings out the day’s laugh, hidden within each one of them visiting his stall. It is actually a good trait or to term it well, a kind humanitarian service offered by him that almost many lack off.

Getting back to my apartment and drying myself, I quickly peek over the happening contents in the newspaper and set off to get ready for the office, hoping not to get stuck in the traffic. Twenty past nine, I am off the apartment and on to the roads, hitting the throttle to the maximum and abusing drivers who take the road for granted as I had to drive past them with frequent rude glance. These riders usually annoy me as they do not understand the traffic situation of the city and often lack the basic driving sense. They never let go others ride past them and all we had to do was to keep trailing them. It’s either they or none who takes the track. Cutting past them somehow and constantly checking the watch on the other hand, i had to rush a bit as the clock had moved past the safe zone. That indicates the traffic density has unfolded over the main lanes of the city and I will be late to the office. Adding to the worry would be the weather. The scorching sun hits right upon the head, literally sucking up all the energy out of you. 

Riding further down the lane, just quarter a mile to my office, I witnessed the greatest havoc of the day as i had expected. A long queue of vehicles were held up on the road, without moving even by an inch. It was a sight well enough to devastate  your morning. But with no other option left out, all that i could do was to just turn off the engine and wait there. I slowly start sweating and wish the traffic clears up much soon, however that was never to happen. Tired of sitting under a hot sun for a long time I just wonder how the fellow common man on the road felt waiting there. But on close observation I could find that everyone around me didn’t seem much bothered waiting there, as these common man were reaping the benefit of the high turbo air conditioning system of their vehicle. Well as they have shed close to seven digit for that luxury quotient, they ought to enjoy its benefits and had nothing to complain about waiting there as the air conditioning system has over powered the heat. 

So as I keep envying those few around me, at a distant land the first ray of hope hits us finally. The traffic had begun moving slowly and I was very desperate to get out of the pack ASAP and reach the office. I was out bound from one of the four cross roads of a main junction and with just 20 meters ahead of me was the lane to the office. I was focused on the road to take and well of course the traffic besides me too, when all of a sudden the devil turned up its red hot face right in front of me. I wished to get pass under its hood but it was highly efficient in holding me there. With no fight to put up against it, I just had to come to a hold once again and was furious of course for its arrogant act. Gleaming majestically in the hot sun, the traffic signal, which always gave a devilish look, never bothered to hold up a vehicle even with the highest power man crossing it. Standing right opposite to me, it would take another 10 minutes for it to change its face bright green. That means another long wait under the sun, which was pretty enough to ruin my whole day that was already devastated. With such a beginning for the day, I was confident enough that the day’s productivity level would be at the bottom, no matter how hard I work. Cursing badly of how the day had begun, the devil finally turned green allowing me to pass it and head to my destination. This was not the kind of beginning I would wish to have everyday, however most of the days were the same with the devil smiling devilishly whenever i cut past it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasonz Chapter 2 – The Yesteryear (Part 2)

  The link to the previous part is as follows: Seasonz Chapter 2 – The Yesteryear (Part 1)   Returning to our journey on Jalandhar, ...