Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Drifted Away, yet Chose to Ride...

Life does not just turn up as easy as one would wish it to be. There are frequent speed breakers, roadblocks, showstoppers and of course a bumpy, dirty, rugged road to travel upon. Yes, it is tiring and painful; yet cheering, once you traverse it and hit on the “cruise” mode just to enjoy the seamless drive ahead. Well it’s always the human tendency to wish for the later part, but that is when “luck” pitches in and help them out. However luck was unwilling to show its face right in front of this engineer, who had just stepped out with the sky high dreams, midst other hundred thousand fellow engineers. So how was he able to sustain with the elements out there? Well it was couple of other factors which actually helped him understand the new dimension of life.

First of all, the road towards Cognizant was not an easy feat, as how others would have thought of or would have experienced. Constant struggle, many a rejection, too many false promises, peer humiliation, hardly few to truly guide and with just a handful of penny enough to suffice 2 meal a day was all to come across. In a nutshell, it was a rough patch over and all. Day in and day out of shedding sweat, walking across the hot lanes of the city and finally getting selected as one among the fifty from a highly talented and competitive crowd of eight hundred, believe me I just walked out of the building, turned around facing it and gave a huge sigh of relief looking at the block letter of “Cognizant” etched on top of the building. It was really a moment of great achievement to be cherished, as uncountable months of hardship had finally yielded a result. Six months of off the topic training to the one’s taught over the four years at college and moving down to be inducted into a project which was once again unconnected to what we were trained for, I realized this is how businesses run and you just need to hit the right nail to clear the initial assessment. Once done, it’s all what your bosses think of utilizing you, in any possible manner, extracting all of you for their benefits and finally discarding as a residue. However, I do not complain on these transitions, as it helped me connect and converge with people from different zones within the organization and learn to cope up with the peers. It was actually a well-deserved handover over the years.

Second of all, the amount of hard work and dedication towards the work helps one lift off from the ground and touch the sky someday. Hence to lift off, you need the right amount of thrust, the medium and well of course the right balance to stay afloat without being stalled. And to me it was well backed off by a man of value, who had once struggled a lot to reach his current role. Being a Team leader is itself a big feat and to manage a team full of trainees is a milestone of its own.  It requires not just technical but also human management skills. A single wrong move can be disastrous, often. But he was a perfect blend of the both and knew when to hit the right string. Well it a universal fact that your future is chiseled by your first leader and I was fortunate then. Two short years of shadowing him right in and out, I believe there are certain characteristics that one cannot pick it up right from the books, rather it is all by observing and following. And so I picked up a few and tried to sharpen it up day by day. Apart from that our team had the best time of the life under his leadership and I wish I had a pensive, where I could visit those golden moments over and again. So as the days were sailing smoothly, turbulence was never to be found in a near land. However it was not long before when major blows stuck me at the right time, from every single direction, not leaving a room to stabilize.

Completely devastated, I needed the strength to stand up and rebuild the damages caused. But the blow had made its impact to the core and wiping off the debris was a time taking process. Recurrent trials of re building were all in failure. I could easily sense myself drifting off the track, but I was determined of not to lose control, which would otherwise land up in total devastation, leaving no traces to re-surge. Slowly moving, I was shifted to a new location. New place, new people, new environment and everything should have actually cheered me up, however it did not. I felt completely odd surrounded myself with people, off my type. It was really hard to spend each and every day enclosed within a small cubicle, with no one to interact. All that I was left out was to gaze through the window and feel myself connected with the nature and of course occasional sighting of flights, which were on its final approach to the airport. I feared if I would stay up the rest of the years in the same manner then it would be hard to regain the energy and strength to stand up and fight against the odds. But a small ray of hope finally hit me. It gave me a new design, the necessary materials and the right platform to rebuild and set sail once again. Well if that is what destiny means, then it is time for me to hit the floors and lay hands on the draft board, in order to come up with a perfect design that is capable of withstanding any kind of blows, in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seasonz Chapter 2 – The Yesteryear (Part 2)

  The link to the previous part is as follows: Seasonz Chapter 2 – The Yesteryear (Part 1)   Returning to our journey on Jalandhar, ...